These three individuals are really giving me problems. These three are all that stand in the way to me proving Thomas Arbuckle as a patriot for myself and the NSSAR as well as my mother and grandmother for the NSDAR. I am looking for any and all information that can be credibly sourced to help me document these Individuals.
Here is what I know:
- James Arbuckle: Born: 1769. Died 1845 in Rush County, Indiana. Married Susannah Bland. Shows up on the 1840 US Census records in Bartholomew County, Indiana. Son to Thomas Arbuckle. Father to John Arbuckle (Below)
- John Arbuckle: Born: 1788. Died 1853 in Washington County, Indiana. Married Margaret "Peggy" Stucker. Shows up in the 1840 & 1850 US Census records Bartholomew County, Indiana. Father to James Arbuckle (Below, I know...name recycling can cause some confusion....)
- James Arbuckle: Born: 10 Oct 1816. Died 02 July 1883 in Bartholomew County, Indiana. Married Henrietta louisa Spaugh (Spach). Shows up in the 1850 & 1860 US Census records in Bartholomew County, Indiana. Father to Martin Arbuckle.
These lineages are commonly accepted, but I have yet to run across any sort of document that can offer an sort of proof. I have proved that James Arbuckle (1769) is the son of Thomas Arbuckle. I have proved that Martin Arbuckle is the son of James Arbuckle (1816). But I still need help proving that:
- John Arbuckle (1788) is the son of James Arbuckle (1769)
- James Arbuckle (1816) is the son of John Arbuckle (1788)
A document that states that John Arbuckle was the grandson of Thomas Arbuckle would work as well.
Long story short, I am still looking, and could use any and all help that is out there. If you have anything that might help please feel free to contact me using the contact form on this website. I would be very grateful.
I will keep you posted on the progress (if any)